Re: 2.0.7 version's bugs relating threading

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 11:38:58AM +0200, Vaidotas Zemlys wrote:
> I upgraded today Balsa to version 2.0.7. When I tried to open
> mailbox with 5500 messages Balsa was doing something for 40 minutes
> until I decided that it froze and used killall Balsa. I tried
> opening mailbox with 30 messages everything worked fine except flat
> index. When I chose view->flat index Balsa did show flat index, but
> after that imediately froze.

I can reproduce this bug on my end with a Maildir of 170 messages.

> I'm experiencing the same problems since Balsa version 2.0.6,

I've only seen this bug in 2.0.7.

> I use debian packages and running Debian Woody + Gnome 2 from Sid.
> Maybe stable/unstable mix finally got me? Hm, I just thought balsa
> is compiled with gcc 3.2 or 2.95? Maybe that's the problem?

I'm the maintainer for the Balsa Debian packages and I used gcc
3.2. Everything in unstable (sid) is being compiled with it by default
now.

Pawel: This seems to be a major usability problem. How likely are we
to see a 2.0.8 in the next week or two?

Yours sincerely,
Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau

* Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau              Computer Science & Student Rep, UNSW *
*   # apt-get into it                 Debian GNU/Linux Package Maintainer *
*     <netsnipe(+)debianplanet.org\0>      <alau(+)cse.unsw.edu.au\0>     *
* GnuPG 1024D/2E8B68BD 0B77 73D0 4F3B F286 63F1  9F4A 9B24 C07D 2E8B 68BD *

PGP signature