Re: GUI redraw problem - or something else

On 08/25/2003, Gabor Csuri wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>  Balsa retrieves my mails successfully but some times stops
> filtering the mails. The "Checking mail" box is stay on the
> screen, CPU usage back to normal and I can close the popup but
> can't do anything with balsa. The pixels under the popup don't
> freshed. Sometimes I can't close the popup or can't close
> balsa.
> It happenes after some minutes usage or when much mail in my
> mailbox.
>
> I use Redhat 9, balsa 2.0.13 and original rh9 packages.
> I read a gtk2 bug around it, I compiled and installed rawhide
> gtk2-2.2.2-2.1 then rebuild balsa but I got the same result.
>
> Is it a bug in balsa or in anywhere else?
>
> Please Help! Thanks, Gabor.

Balsa may be thread-locked: if the thread checking the mail grabs
a lock but then dies or otherwise fails to release it, the main
thread can't run.

If you run Balsa under gdb, and interrupt it when it hangs, the
thread info and stack info should show what happened.