Re: [GnuPG: new patch] use encoding fallback for OpenPGP encrypted messages

Am 22.04.03 20:57 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
> On 04/22/2003, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
> [ snip ]
>> or directly from
>>
>> http://home.arcor.de/dralbrecht.dress/balsa/balsa-rfc3156-patch-2003-04-
>> 22.bz2
>
> I've been waiting for that to happen--the new wrapping code will,
> unfortunately, break a URL to wrap it--sometimes!  URLs are recognized
> and protected when a message is received, and that protection is kept
> when the text is quoted, but a URL you type or copy'n'paste in is not
> handled that way.  I guess it could be, but we'd have to check each line
> when it's (re)wrapped, and that could slow down the rewrapping...

Stupid solution: allow wrapping only at whitespaces (don't remember the
rfc, but uri's must not contain them). This removes some flexibility,
though.

I have no idea if and how you can isolate (in the sense of word
separators) the "wrap candidates". If so, you could use the stuff from
libbalsa/misc.c to check for an uri. To speed it up, you should use
something like the dumb prescanner defined there instead of simply using
pcre. When I wrote that code for balsa1, I remember that on my old 166 MHz
Mac this was ~10 times faster, YMMV. Just my ¤ 0.01...

> Anyway, my apologies to everyone who clicks on that link!

I hope the patch can make its way into the cvs soon, even if balsa can
wrap uri's correctly ;-)). Or I'll have to invent shorter file names...

Cheers, Albrecht.

  Albrecht Dreß  -  Johanna-Kirchner-Straße 13  -  D-53123 Bonn (Germany)
        Phone (+49) 228 6199571  -  mailto:albrecht.dress@arcor.de

PGP signature