Re: g_utf8_validate failed

On 2002.05.17 03:10 Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> With Balsa-2, I've found that certain messages give a deluge of
> messages like:
>
> (balsa:29507): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtktextbuffer.c: line 476
> (gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert): assertion `g_utf8_validate (text, len,
> NULL)' failed
>
> Said messages contain characters 0x93 and 0x94, and presumably these
> are the problem. I believe it's cr*p from M$ apps--what can we do
> about it?

This may be deeper than this: the conversion to UTF-8 is not done
properly in libmutt. I think I have tried to force libmutt to convert
stuff to UTF-8 but apparently it is not being done consistently. For
example, following text will trigger these problems as well (I guess):

Vad kan man göra i Norge den 17:de maj? Dricka öl eller brännvin?

I do not have immediate solution now.

-pawel