Re: [Q] : about libmutt limits

On 03.03.2002 23:27 Pawel Salek wrote:

> On 2002.03.03 17:56 Emmanuel wrote:
>> 	Hi all,
>> I've begun to dig in balsa-index code a bit to see how I could
>> implement "virtual folders" and also "view search result in a new
>> window" kind of features. But I saw a note before
>> balsa_index_load_mailbox_node that says, in short, that, due to libmutt
>> limits, we can't open several indexes at the same time. That's a real
>> problem for what I wanted to do
>
> This means that we cannot be opening several mailboxes at the same time
> (one thread for one mailbox, etc): there is one big libmutt lock. We
> have to open them sequentially.

OK, but is libmutt able to have several mailboxes opened at the same time
: ie you open the first one, populate an index with it, then open a new
one populate another index on it by the "search in window mechanism"... I
mean can libmutt handle that situation if we serialize the ops correctly?
Bye
Manu