Re: Balsa crashes when receiving email

On 20.01.2002 02:27 Paulo Andre' wrote:
> On 2002.01.18 18:21 Emmanuel wrote:
>> to have a better idea of what is going on, could you put PopDebug to 1
>> (it's at the beginning of libbalsa/pop3.c) and give us the result (you
>> have to redirect stderr to a file). I think it'll help a lot.
>
> To add to all the weirdness going on, here's a new bit: I cannot
> replicate this crash any more. Simply, it won't bloody crash. Don't
> start cursing at me that soon, though. I'm sure it was 'delete messages
> from server after download' which made it crash at that point since I
> *exhaustively* tested and replicated the problem over and over. Anyhow,
> I can now use that option. Unless I'm having visions and such, this is
> strange.
>
> Now, the only thing I changed from when I did those tests was that I
> upgraded balsa to the latest CVS like one hour ago (which means
> something like 00:20 GMT). I didn't change anything, balsa-options-wise
> *and* system-wise, at least nothing which could affect POP mail
> retrieving, only cosmetic changes.
>
> It's funny, since I noticed it wouldn't crash anymore right when I was
> putting Emmanuel's tip in practice, ie. set PopDebug to 1 and ran Balsa
> redirecting stderr to a file.

In fact that just adds some fprintf to the stderr so nothing really
different. But perhaps your crashes are related to bad threads interaction
(perhaps bugs of gtk type system or whatever) so even a small change can
prevent balsa from triggering the byg anymore. Anyhow it sounds like a
weird bug.
Bye
Manu