Re: Code Indenting

On Sun, 2002-01-13 at 17:29, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> > well i 2/3 agree to the command options here. i am no friend of the
> > -nut parameter since it replaces all tabs with spaces and this is for
> > sure no good idea. i went through a lot of code the past minutes
> > where i was sure that people used indent over it (e.g. galeon) and
> > they still keep the tab'ing and i would vote too to keep them.
>
> See http://adamspiers.org/computing/why_no_tabs.html and some links for
> the position against hard tabs.

actually this is only the opinion of someone i don't know therefore i
don't give much about it. i am doing programming for over 20 years now.
not necessarily in C or on UNIX but in different languages as you see on
my private homepage. for all this years i usually used TAB's for my code
and hardtabs of course is 8 chars. i've seen it on all systems, amiga,
unix, atari and whatever. the first time i saw 4 spaces TAB's was on
windows but we all know that windows applications and systems does'nt
care much for standards and stuff.

well for sure i agree that this is a matter of taste too but look at all
kinda sourcecode's you have and 90% of the time you see people indenting
with TAB's and on the far last use spaces for additional indention. sure
the 'C', 'C++', 'JAVA' language or all languages using an equal syntax
is different. but i am not a friend of entering 20 spaces until i come
to the row that i actually want to edit.

it's only my 0.2 cents... but anyways i think a new indention is really
necessary for balsa.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de