Re: [libesmtp-devel] Licence issues for libESMTP (and Balsa) - long(was Re: NTLM authentication)

On Thu, 2002-01-10 at 14:11, Matthias Andree wrote:
> > As i said, I don't think openbsd taints a lgpl binary
>
> OpenSSL has an advertising clause which may later become a problem.
> Effectively, you'd probably not be able to link GPLed stuff against
> OpenSSL.

heh,

how comes that whenever i listen to OpenSSL related discussions it ends
in the same situation. well i remember that evolution people have the
same issues with the OpenSSL package. i don't get why the person who
creates OpenSSL decides for such a stupid licensing modell if no one
else is able getting their shit compiled against that stuff because of
licensing violations. to say this really pisses me off.

it's a known fact that a lot of 3rd party applications programmers,
either KDE, BALSA, EVOLUTION and whatever else seem to have this
problem, i don't get it why that guy doesn't simplify his licensing
modells.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de