Re: open letter to pawel

I don't think I'm allowed to say anything, 'cause I haven't even coded ony
byte of code for this project...

but if sb. is interested in my 0.02:

Ali is completly right:

if balsa is quickly and cleanly ported to gnome2 it will definetivly be the
standart mua again!
Sure: there isn't a huge base of users right after the launch.
But if balsa is there and is there without too many bugs it will compete!
Balsa is nearly feature completed (pgp is missing and the filters have to
be improved...).
The only thing which is needed is perhaps a little bit more speed and less
annoying bugs.
Balsa isn't that far away from apps like KMail or so, is has some rough
edges (like the integration of identities) but it can clearly compete!
All the other nice things like a new MailBoxLibrary or the abandon of
libmutt are not needed in the very near future.
So why don't make a plan: for the next release we need
that, that and that, who wants to do this?

To clearly show the new raise of balsa it should have the 2.0 as the
version (and to show the compatibility to gnome2!)
In that direction balsa should (in my eyes) later also adopt more gnomeish
features like a bonobo support for viewing attachments, gconf/bonoboconf
support or an oaf framework

Like I said: just my 0.02¤
Not the ¤ of an important prson of this project!