Re: balsa 1.2.4: Attachment display hosed on umlauts

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Ali Akcaagac wrote:

> thats no bug. thats unexperience nothing else. for an nls supporting
> system you need to make sure to export your lang (LC_ALL) environment
> flag correctly, pointing to your language and your iso characterset.

*shrug* Interestingly enough, LC_ALL is empty, LANG=de for my Mom, and
de_DE@euro for everybody else, and all other LC_* stuff is also "de".

But thanks for pointing me there, I tracked this down to .bashrc and
removed the offending line LANG=de. Indeed, the console showed warnings
before I fixed that:
Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

However, it'd be most useful if there was a requestor warning of
unsupported locale...

Now, with de_DE@euro, the problem is gone. (It's aliased to
de_DE.ISO8859-15, FWIW).

Thanks again.