Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkcolor.c

Here's something that's been plaguing me for a month or two--basically,
since some update that I don't recall. On the *first* time I drag a
message from the mailbox index to a mailbox in the mailbox list, I get
a slew (= 30+) of messages:

Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkcolor.c: line 1008
(gdk_colormap_alloc_colors): assertion `colormap != NULL' failed.

and the odd

Gtk-WARNING **: unable to allocate color: ( 0 0 0 )

Later drag'n'drops don't provoke anything similar; all seem to work
just fine.

It may not be Balsa-related--Balsa is the only app with which I use
dnd--probably just a mangled theme. Does anyone recognize this one, or
have any suggestions?