Suggestions to Balsa

Hi all,

I tryed to send this email 1 month ago - I didn't knew this wasn't a
public list and I got a message saying that it required a moderator
aproval.. Since I didn't found it in the archives I decided to give it a
go again, now after subscribing. I hope this email isn't dated since I
still have balsa 1.2.3.

I like Balsa very much. It's a light weight yet feature rich email
application. That is why I would like to see it improved.

The first comment I have is more a bug report. The "Toggle New" in the
menu or "Toggle Unread" in the right click (don't know why the different
name here) aren't very useful when we want to make a set messages readed
(which happens quite frequently when you are a subscriber to a heavy
traffic mailing list). This is because when you click to select them they
are immediately flagged as readed so, when I click on toggle, they all are
set to unreaded again... It's necessary to click a 2nd time on toggle to
set them definitively as readed! I think that the "toggle" should be
changed to a combination "set readed" and "set unreaded".

The other is in the "New message" composition dialog. Pressing Ctrl+S here
shouldn't send the message because the majority of email programs and text
editors in general use Ctrl+S to save, and between an accidental Send and
Save, a Send has worse consequences (quite often irreversible) while Save
is harmless. (I already had to send several emails starting as "Sorry for
the duplicate but I accidentally hitted the Send button..." )

These are the immediate suggestions I have to give. They affect the normal
use of the program and are easy to fix.

Other requests I would also have are an "Undo" feature, more
authentications methods, etc... but I'm sure that these features will be
implemented when the time is right. In the meanwhile keep up the good work!

Regards,

Jose Fonseca