Re: procmail, razor and spam WAS: Question/Suggestion

On 2002.02.05 06:19:38 +0000 FancyLad wrote:
> I sent this from wrong identity:
>
> On 2002.02.04 21:06 Bryan Ragon wrote:
>> On 2002.02.04 09:21 Carlos Morgado wrote:
>>>
>>> clue me in, what would it be the delivery process ?
>>> balsa pop -> spamassassin -> procmail ?
>>>
>>> how does the mail get fetched ?
>>>
>>> sorry for the lack of spamassassin clue :)
>>
>> balsa pop -> procmail
>>
>> Procmail consists of
>> 	:0fw
>> 	| spamassassin -P
>> 	:0e
>> 	{
>> 	    EXITCODE=$?
>> 	}
>> 	:0:
>> 	caughtspam
>>
>> 	Then the rest of my mailing list filters
>>
>> Then every other day or so I do a quick manual read through of the
>> subjects in "caughtmail" and delete it.
>>

>> The problem is the mail that falls through spamassassin, that it can't
>> properly identify.  I would like to be a good netizen and forward these
>> mails on to razor so that it will be caught by the next person.  However,
>> spamassasin has changed the X-headers so I can't forward the message on
>> w/o first running it through spamassasin again (this time with the -r
>> flag).  The -r flag removes all "spamassassin" changes that it made and
>> automatically submits it to razor... such as:
>>
>> spamassassin -r < spammail.txt

what about
:0:
{
   :0 c
   caughtspam

   :0
   | spamassassin -r < spammail.txt
}

does that even work ?

anyway, i'm quite sure this should be solved outside the scope of balsa atm,
if the above recipe doesn't work a simple shell script can take care of it.
this is one of those things you should be able to with filters though
*hint* *hint* :)

>> I hope all that made sense.... sometimes I'm not the best at describing
>> things.

yeah, i was totally missunderstanding 'razor' before, my bad.

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds