Re: deleting messages in 1.3.4

On 2002.04.02 07:39 urgrue wrote:
> id like "delete" to immediately move the message to my trash folder.
> it seems like delete now by default just marks a message as deleted,
> and the "delete immediately and irretrievably" option as found in
> preferences is not really what i want, i just want them moved, not
> actually deleted, like in previous balsa versions.

The trashcan button and the `Message -> Move to Trash' menu item both
still move the message to the trash folder, as they always have. If you
check `Hide deleted messages' as well, messages will disappear from a
folder when you move them to any other folder, including the trash,
also as they always have.

However, moving a message anywhere has always left a copy of it in the
original folder, flagged as `deleted', which isn't actually removed
until the mailbox changes are committed, for instance by closing it.
You now have the option to *uncheck* `Hide deleted messages', in which
case you will see those instances, giving you the further option to
undelete them.

The intent is to give you more flexibility in managing the deletion of
messages, not to take away any existing functionality!