Re: PATCH: `send' feedback

On 2001.09.24 22:52 Albrecht Dreß wrote:
>  Am 24.09.2001 13:56:16 schrieb(en) Pawel Salek:
>  > My preferred solution would be to fix the attachment encoding routines
>  > once and for good, in balsa and in mutt :-)
>   I had a quick look at the code and ran balsa in gdb. Here I realised
>that
>  the
>  encoding routines for each part are called *THREE* *TIMES*, that means,
>  also
>  the 3 MB attachment is converted to base64 three times. As far as I can
>  see,
>  this does not come from libmutt, but from libbalsa_message_queue().
>Below
>  are
>  the backtraces for the break hits at mutt_write_mime_body() for sending
>  message with only one text part.

I admit this part of the code has basically been not altered since 0.8
days (or even earlier), I am not sure if due to the perfectness of the
code, or its structure (well, we have just discovered the perfectess of
it). Jokes aside, yes, it seems like we have got something to take care
of. My knowledge of this part is somewhat limited but I am sure single
conversion is sufficient, there is no need for three, I am sure.

/Pawel
--
Pawel Salek, Theoretical Chemistry, SCFAB, Stockholm
http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/