problems with imap in 1.2.0

Hello. Balsa just keeps getting better.

Unfortunately, I seemed to have missed something switching from 1.1.7 to
1.2.0. I have an imap mailbox (pointed at a communigate pro mail server)
which now gives me the error:

SSL failed: unspecified protocol error
Could not negotiate TLS connection

Which is odd, because I'm not using ssl, or at least I have the ssl option
unchecked and am using port 143. I thought I had the checked/unchecked
thing mixed up, but when I check the ssl option and try to get mail it just
spins waiting for a response and not getting one since the server is not
listening on the imaps port (on a side note: it would be nice to have a
stop button to bail out in such a case, as it is I have to kill balsa and
restart). I compiled balsa --with-ssl since I want to set that up in the
future.

I had this mailbox working with 1.1.7 and I can telnet to the imap server
so I know it's up.

Any thoughts on this?

-Steve