Debugging SMTP-Connection...

Hi list !

Sorry, for mailing again. I get another strange behaviour concerning
balsa sending mail. Sometimes I write a mail with a local mailserver
for outgoing traffic. When sending this mail I get a dialog from balsa
(as usual) with something like "250 OK. From: chris@dorf.....", but
that dialog never vanishes and the mail stays in my outbox folder.

I tried several things : using the local qmail Mailserver. Using my
second computer as mail-server (running qmail, too) and using two
different mailserver of my ISP and my local network. I get this
error with all of those mail-servers. It is not regularly and I did not
find out how I could reproduce it. Any ideas ?

I would like to investigate this further, but I don't have a clue how
to get more debugging information other than "netstat -a" or the
logfiles of the mailservers. Can I get a log of balsa's dialog with the
mailservers anyhow ?

Chris