Re: Problem mailing PDF file attachments

On 2001.09.06 10:22:52 +0100 Ali Akcaagac wrote:
> On 2001.09.05 22:44:01 +0200 maf king wrote:
> > Hi List,
> >
> > I hope somebody can offer some advice.
> >
> > I run standard SuSE 7.1 (2.4.x) / Gnome 1.2 / Balsa 1.0.0 on my laptop.
> >
> > If I send a PDF as an attachment, it gets corrupted - usually shortend
> by a
> > few bytes.  AFAIK, it only happens with PDFs, I have tried several
> other
> > file types eg, zip, jpg, doc, xls, txt - all of which are fine.
> >
> > I PDFs sent to me are fine, so I figure it is something to do with
> Balsa
> > encoding the PDF for sending.
> >
> > Anyone got any thoughts?
>
> balsa doesnt encode anything its AFAIK your gnome mimes that cant
> handle them correctly, i recommend that you go into gnomecontrolcenter
> and fix your stuff there.

Hi Ali and List,

Thanks for your help, but so far, but I can't find anything wrong with the
mime settings.

I can open a PDF stored in my home
I mail it to myself using Balsa :
I can open it from the sentbox
I can't open it from the inbox
if I save the received attachment back to disk, and compare it to the
original, it is shorter and therefore acrobat chokes.

If I copy the file to a Windows box and do the above (using <SPIT> Outlook
Express </SPIT>), everything works as expected - the file arrives in Balsa
fine.  Similarly, if I send to OE, the PDF is corrupted.

Any more ideas?

TIA
Maf.