Re: Help to import formats!

Thanks all!

I've had nice suggestions: my problem with e-mail is due to the fact that I
haven't find on the Web any clear place explaining all the stuff reguarding
formats of mailboxes used by the different clients (do tou know something?).
In fact - it seems to me - outlook 4 and 5 use different formats (.mbx and
.dbx), which are prorietary; I thought Eudora use standard Unix format, but
it's not so (the troubles are with some <x-html>, <x-flow>...??...); and
what about Netscape?

I think I'll try with "eud2mbox" from Freshmeat (thank you....) as soon as I
have time and then I'll tell you...
On SourceForge I've also found an "outlook express mailboxes-->unix style
mailboxes" converter, but I don't know if it works on .mbx or .dbx.

In my opinion Linux mailers should deal with this problem: expecially for
newbies it is difficult to make head of it, also because it's natural to
test different mailers. But one would like to be able to read one's old
mail!
Why not add such topic to Balsa website? It could be really very useful!
I think filters are one feature of the mailer itself, but one quality of
Linux (and open source) is to use different little tools together...anyway,
I am rather ignorant with such topics!

Guido