Re: Help to import formats!

On 2001.09.01 11:40:40 +0200 Guido Amoruso wrote:
> I'm an Italian Linux newbie, but I'm fond of it, already!
> I've worked on it for two months and I can do all what I did on Windows - and
> even more... - but I have some troubles with electonic mail I'm not able to
> resolve!
> It's something general, so I don't know whether this is the right list, but I
> like Gnome, Galeon....and Balsa seems very promising.
> I'd like to get all my old Outlook Express 5 mail on Linux, but it uses a
> trap-format (.dbx ....), so I tried to do so: I imported my mail with Eudora
> 5.1 - it
> worked perfectly. Then I copied Eudora .mbx files (goodbye, attached...:-))
> and pasted on the places
> where the Linux mailers could see them. I tried with Balsa, Kmail, Netscape
> 4.76, Mozilla 0.9.2 and Evolution 0.11, with different results: some mails
> are ok,
> but many other have
> strange behaviour; Balsa and Mozilla don't visualize them, while Kmail
> Netscape and Evolution show the source - I think! It starts with <x-html>....
> I have noted that other new html mails are ok on all mailer....

theres no need to move the messages to another imap server and recive them
again, either use outlook to export it or as stated by carlos, get one of
these converter tools they are quite reliable and works perfectly.

the problem with windows is it doesnt understand standards mailbox formats
as present on unix like systems, they usually put everything into .dbx or in
outlook 2000 in a .pst format.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de