Re: Cannot compile

On 2001.10.26 10:39:45 +0200 gfive wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have 2 problems :
>
> 1 - I downloaded Balsa 1.2.1 yesterday, and I can't compile it!! I have the
> following messages :
>
> /usr/lib/libbonobo.so.2: undefined reference to `DynamicAny_DynAny_destroy'
> /usr/lib/libbonobo.so.2: undefined reference to `DynamicAny_DynAny_to_any'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [balsa] Erreur 1
> make[2]: Quitte le répertoire `/home/local/balsa-1.2.1/src'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1
> make[1]: Quitte le répertoire `/home/local/balsa-1.2.1'
> make: *** [all-recursive-am] Erreur 2

ximian problem. i think that one of the libraries that BALSA depend
on was linked not correctly, but thats what we cant do anything against
its to say it short ... not our problem if ximian release broken stuff.

> I use bonobo-1.0.9-ximian.1 installed by red-carpet, on a RedHat 7.2
>
> Any idea??
>
> 2 - rpm refuses to install the package for RedHat 7.1 :
>
>  error: failed dependencies:
>         libpspell.so.2   is needed by balsa-1.2.1-1
>
> but I can't find any package called libpspell, but I have files called
>
> libpspell.a       libpspell-impl.la  libpspell-impl.so.6      libpspell.la
>        libpspell-modules.la  libpspell-modules.so.1      libpspell.so
> libpspell.so.4.0.3
> libpspell-impl.a  libpspell-impl.so  libpspell-impl.so.6.0.0
> libpspell-modules.a  libpspell-modules.so  libpspell-modules.so.1.0.1
> libpspell.so.4
>
> in my /usr/local/lib directory, so I guess I installed it some way, but I
> don't remember doing that! Maybe a simple lmink could help????

make sure any 'devel' packages are installed too.
and this a globaly valid statement.

... whenever you want to compile anything. make sure you install
the development packages for it ... if something wasnt found or
complains about that it cannot be found then it may be you missed
to install either the development package (include files and stuff)
or you installed an old version of it...

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de