Re: silly feature re: collapsed threads

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 08:15:16AM -0400, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> On 2001.10.25 07:19 Reychman Felix wrote:
> > I would not like "open next" to open the next message in a collapsed
> > thread. That's why I collaps it. I don't want to work with it.
> > In an expanded thread, I would expect it to go to the next message
> > withing the thread, but that's different.
>
> Fair enough.

Just to keep the argument warm:

I don't agree there.  I wouldn't expect any command[*] to behave
differently depending on whether the thread was expanded or not. The
way I see it, the underlying structure is the same.  Expanding/
collapsing threads is something I do with the mouse as I browse; but
commands which move to next-unread or similar should always select the
same message, irrespective of whether I clicked a few 'open' or
'close' boxes.

[*] expect possibly the simple navigation cursor keys, which are
'like' mouse movement

Jules