Re: help with doc (was Re: ANNOUNCE: Balsa-1.2.1 released.)

On 23 Oct 2001, 12:45:07 PM Jon Tai wrote:
> Okay, I have a rewrite of the balsa site available at
> http://balsa.tgpsolutions.com/
>

> On 2001.10.22 15:32 Pawel Salek wrote:
> >
> > Regarding the website:
> > - faq needs to be updated (just go through, say, last two months of
> > balsa-list). some known problems may be added there as well.
>
> Would someone from the list be willing to write out a FAQ in text format
> and e-mail it to me (or the list)?  I'd be glad to convert it to HTML, but
> as I haven't followed the list for very long, I don't know what constituts
> "Frequent".
> > - screenshots need to be updated.
>
> Can someone take the png screenshots?  I'm running fvwm2, and while it
> gets an A+ for speed, it's not all that pretty...
> > - features need to be updated.
>
> What needs to be added?  I re-worded the current features, but didn't add
> any.
> > General face lift up would be appreciated but it of secondary
> > importance. Again, it is the information that counts.
>
> By way of a face-lift, I added a unified navigation bar to the top of the
> site and got rid of the big logo on index.html - it took forever to load
> and the meta-refresh tag would always kick in before it was fully loaded
> anyway.  I also cleaned up a lot of the HTML and relied more heavliy on
> CSS.

Jon,
looks good so far. I can send you some solaris-related FAQ and Answers
re balsa - I've managed to build it and package it successfully.

James C. McPherson
--
VOSJEC Engineer (Kernel/Storage)           828 Pacific Highway
APAC Customer Care Centre                  Gordon NSW

Failfast panic: those controlling voices in my head have
stopped telling me what to do.....

Read about the VOS Initiative at http://www.vosinitiative.com