Re: extbody URL/mozilla dnd

On 2001.10.16 17:50:38 +0100 Albrecht Dreß wrote:
> Am 16.10.2001 00:43:30 schrieb(en) Carlos Morgado:
>> just commited support for RFC2017 URL external-body type and dnd or
>> netscape/mozilla urls to the attachment box.
>> i'm not very sure about the rfc2017 bit, so if anyone knows another mua
>> that supports it give it a interop test please.
>
> I think it is a good idea to implement that, but--- in RFC 2046, which
> defines all the message/external-body stuff (or at least this was *my*
> reference to implement the support for that) does not mention it. On the
> other hand, it does not state that it obsoletes RFC 2017. So I think this
> is a little mixed up here. Maybe Brian can comment on this issue?

as far as i can tell 2017 complements 2046 cause 2046 doesn't mention URL,
and 2017 *is* "Definition of the URL MIME External-Body Access-Type".
but then again as prolly you could tell from the previous post i'll deny
any clue on this issues :)

(it was brian who pointed me at 2017, i blame him :))

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds