Re: pop3/pthreads probs gone

On 2001.10.08 13:53:40 +0200 Ali Akcaagac wrote:
> anyways i keep my word... still thanks to anyone who investigated
> into this.. it now seems to stay an unresolvable issue..
>
> btw: i still get these mailbox locked messages after the thread
> hanged up the connection to my pop3 server.

i think i can give more informations now...

if the mailbox on my isp's pop3 server is EMPTY e.g. if i telnet
into it and see no mails, then BALSA works perfectly, e.g. the
little dialog comes up and then goes away like it has checked and
nothing found..

now i sent one email to the mailbox to make sure there is one email
on the mailbox. e.g. telnet to the mailbox and i see one mail.

now i press check and ONLY in this situation it EXITS.

so my previous 3 resets and also on my previous mails the past days
the SUCCESS that thread works was only because the mailbox on my
isp's pop3 server was EMPTY.

NOT EMPTY == CRASH, FREEZE or QUIT
    EMPTY == WORKS...

i hope this helps for better location of the problem

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de