Re: POP3 Audit

On 2001.10.05 17:04:46 +0200 Emmanuel wrote:
> 	Hi all,
> another small thing : why have we got these two different error codes :
> POP_CONNECT_FAILED and POP_CONN_ERR.
> POP_CONN_ERR is used by all pop functions but pop_connect that returns
> POP_CONNECT_FAILED.
> If we really need both error codes we should modify the following test in
> fetch_pop_mail :
>     if(status != POP_CONN_ERR) {
> 	DM("POP3 C: quit");
> 	/* exit gracefully */
> 	write (s, "quit\r\n", 6);
> 	getLine (s, buffer, sizeof (buffer)); /* snarf the response */
> 	if(status == POP_OK)
> 	    strcpy(last_uid, uid);/* FIXME: overflow error on hideous

hmm sorry, same issue...

galaxy@ulixys:~ > gdb balsa
GNU gdb 5.0
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/balsa
[New Thread 1024 (LWP 23507)]

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
[New Thread 2049 (LWP 23508)]
[New Thread 1026 (LWP 23509)]

Program exited normally.
(gdb)

now the immidiately telnet after this

galaxy@ulixys:~ > telnet mail.rz.fh-wilhelmshaven.de 110
Trying 139.13.25.134...
Connected to mail.rz.fh-wilhelmshaven.de.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK mail Cyrus POP3 v1.5.14 server ready
user akcaagaa
+OK Name is a valid mailbox
pass party2holder
-ERR Unable to lock maildrop
list
-ERR Unrecognized command

this is only happening when balsa tries to connect there with pthreads
without its just ok.. now i need to wait some mins to get on it again.
hey.. dont try the password listed here is not valid :-)

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de