Re: Identities - suggestion

gfive wrote:

> I've noticed that when you reply to an email, the "from" field is always
> filled with the email of the default identity.
> Maybe it could be useful to fill it with the adress found in the email
> found in the 'to' list of the incoming mail, which is also the email of an
> identity, and with the default email if no adress of an identity can be
> found in the 'to' field (just like Eudora does, in fact)

I'm not an balsa user yet (still getting my solaris/gnome software build
env setup) so I'm talking completely off the cuff here...

Most of my email identities are based on specific inboxes.  Could balsa
add something like an X-Header line to the headers saying the message
came from inbox-A.  Then when replying, if an the X-Header line says
inbox-A then reply using indentity A?  Then even if I didn't use balsa
to collect my email I could get procmail or fetchmail to add an
appropiate X-Header line and all would be good?

--
Joe Reid
jreid@vnet.net