Re: Balsa isnt working. How can I trouble shoot

On 28 Nov 2001, 09:48:26 AM Dane Ensign wrote:
> I installed Balsa into Gnome on RH7.2 and
> I have created a test email but when I try to send it
> I get a window that says: There was a message delivery problem
> and its was placing the email in my Outbox.  I dont know where
> to start troubleshooting. BTW - Im a greenhorn to linux, so take
> it easy me

Hi Dane,
have a look in your /var/log/syslog file - that's where sendmail (if you're
using local sendmail) will log errors and status messages.

Also, use a different tool (like "less" within an xterm) to have a look
at the actual message in your outbox - the headers might show you enough for
you to work out what's going on/wrong.

oh, and btw, balsa is a gnome-based client, so it doesn't just run on linux.

James C. McPherson
(running balsa on solaris sparc and x86)
--
TSG Engineer (Kernel/Storage)           828 Pacific Highway
APAC Customer Care Centre               Gordon NSW

Failfast panic: those controlling voices in my head have
stopped telling me what to do.....

Read about the VOS Initiative at http://www.vosinitiative.com