Re: RFC mailbox interface

On 2001.11.25 16:04 M . Thielker wrote:
> Well, it's all done in-core, so it's faster than one would think.
> Also, is applies only to messages currently shown in a VFolder that
> is _not_ a real mailbox, so that's only a very small percentage of
> the total number of messages.
> The typical message, being present in only _one_ folder and not
> currently part of any search result would never need to run that
> piece of code, it could just check to see that the entry count in
> _Messag->folders is 1. If it is, there are no stray references and
> the message can be deleted right away.
>
> Melanie

I don't know that you can assume that. VFolders are an attractive way
to organize mail outside the traditional hierarchical framework--I can
imagine using a lot of searches to find the message I need, instead of
filing each message in a single, not always appropriate, folder. If you
offer a tool that allows a user to manage his or her mail in a new way,
you'd better be ready to meet the demands that a creative user makes!