Re: Balsa Error

Thanks Pawel

I asume that it's there because that's where rpm -ta gnome-file.tar.gz put
it?
It was linked to a dead file anyway, which solved one problem

I LOVE this mailer when it works right.  All my icons suddenly changed to
boxer ones.  Is that from 1.2.3 code?

Ruben

On 2001.11.25 05:18:41 -0500 Pawel Salek wrote:
> On 2001.11.25 03:46 Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I'm very fustrated right now with gnome in general.  I've been trying to
>> update my gnome desktop, which has been somewhat unstable, using Ximian
>> and that
>> failed.  I compile it from source, which failed miserably.  So I
>> uninstalled all
>> the rpms and reinstalled them, but I can't get basic things to work
>> again.  One of these is my balsa client.
>>
>> I get this error when I run it:
>>
>> balsa: error while loading shared libraries:
>>  /usr/local/lib/libgdk_imlib.so.1: undefined symbol:
>> png_create_read_struct
>
> I have impression your system is seriously messed up. Why is the library
> located in /usr/local/lib/ used if you claim you have installed gnome by
> rpms? rpm usually installs ggnome with prefix=/usr or /opt/gnome. Make
> sure you do not have mess in /usr/local and your /etc/ld.so.conf have
> correct order of libraries (you might want to have /usr/local last).
>
> Really, if you get this kind of errors, you should carefully clean up
> your system and reconsider your installing strategy for the future.
>
> /Pawel

Brooklyn Linux Solutions
http://www.mrbrklyn.com - Consulting
http://www.brooklynonline.com - For the love of Brooklyn