Re: LDAP and other suggestions

On 2001.11.12 22:03 Luis Falcon wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm a newcomer to BALSA and so far I love it. It's light, supports
> multiple accounts, very customizable and it has a great spellchecking
> backend.
> There are a couple of other things that I ran into :
> 1) Some email servers (including MS Exchange) put the user name in
> quotes ( ie, "John Smith" <john.smith@foo.bar> ). This really confuses

> BALSA, since when replying to it, it places ""John Smith"", findind an

> empty expression "" as a user. It would be great to check if the user
> name is already quoted before placing extra quotation marks. When
> replying to multiple entities, this problem becomes pretty ugly.

I'll respond to this one, as it bit me too--it's been fixed in cvs. I
believe the confusion arose (recently, at least) only if the quoted name
contained a comma, so "John Smith" was handled OK, but "Smith, John" got
mangled--pretty confusing. I hate to think what would have happened with
"Smith, John, Jr." or "Smith, Dr. John"!