LDAP and other suggestions

Hi,
I'm a newcomer to BALSA and so far I love it. It's light, supports
multiple accounts, very customizable and it has a great spellchecking
backend.

The only major problem I have found is with the LDAP interface. It
seems like it tries to get all the entries at once... most LDAP servers
will refuse to return the info for security and performance reasons.
I checked the server using ldapsearch -z and it had no problems. I
think that it would be best - not only for LDAP, but LDIF file also -
to restrict the search upon the substring that is entered in the
composition bar or in the search field of the adressbook.

So when composing a mail, after typing a couple of characters in the
"To:" field, one can click on the adressbook icon and these characters
would be passed as a paramenter to the LDAP server. This would result
in a faster and better way of searching.

There are a couple of other things that I ran into :
1) Some email servers (including MS Exchange) put the user name in
quotes ( ie, "John Smith" <john.smith@foo.bar> ). This really confuses
BALSA, since when replying to it, it places ""John Smith"", findind an
empty expression "" as a user. It would be great to check if the user
name is already quoted before placing extra quotation marks. When
replying to multiple entities, this problem becomes pretty ugly.

2) This is a cosmetic or habit one. Wouldn't it be better to place the
Subject field at the very end ? PINE, Mozilla and other Mail clients do
it like that, and as a habit I fall in the mistake of writing the
subject into the CC field.

The rest looks just great. Just migrated a 6000+ entries mailbox and
runs great. Congratulations to all the developers !

Regards,
Luis