Re: IMAP certificate warning

On 2001.11.08 13:35:19 +0000 Pawel Salek wrote:

> On 2001.11.08 13:27 Toralf Lund wrote:
>> When connecting to an imap server using TLS or SSL I always get the
>> message "This certificate accepted but not verified". I used to think that
>> this happened because we were using a self-signed certificate, but we now
>> have purchased an official one, and the warning is still displayed. I this
>> expected to happen? Is certificate check implemented at all?
>
> It's not yet implemented.

actually, we go through the cert check functions, and where mutt would ask
the user 'what do you want to do now' we just put out that error and get
on with it.
the error message is a bit misleading, it doesn't mean the cert is invalid,
it means we couldn't verify it.  that may happen cause we don't know the
signers key or somesuch. i'll have to check into this a bit harder, stare
down my openssl config and try to get some clue.

brian, do you have any insight into all this openssl and cert checking
thing ?
Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds