IMAP certificate warning

When connecting to an imap server using TLS or SSL I always get the
message "This certificate accepted but not verified". I used to think that
this happened because we were using a self-signed certificate, but we now
have purchased an official one, and the warning is still displayed. I this
expected to happen? Is certificate check implemented at all?
--
Toralf Lund <toralf@kscanners.com>  +47 66 85 51 22
Kongsberg Scanners AS               +47 66 85 51 00 (switchboard)