Re: Scrollbars .. part two

On 2001.11.04 16:38 Pawel Salek wrote:

> utilizes the "real estate" best (we did not notice that text selection got
> broken).

Also, the gtkhtml widget gets broken when using one scrollbar :
Scrolling using the MouseWheel is not possible because the widget
used to scroll the gtkhtml widget is the one who wants to recive
the MouseWheel scroll event. This while gtkhtml steals it.

The gtkhtml widget tries to "scroll" but can only scroll a few
pixels since the widget above the gtkhtml one is the one that
has to do the "scrolling".

In the patch, the gtkhtml widget has it's own scrollable window
and so MouseWheel support works again (Default gnome behaviour).
Of course, this issue can be fixed in another way.

ps. I just found this issue while comparing balsa using my patch
and the original one from cvs :). You need an HTML mail which
is long enough that it needs scrolling, and a MouseWheel ;).
The keys "Page down" and "Page up" have the same problem here.
So I guess it's not really a "MouseWheel" issue but something
with gtkhtml.

--
Philip van Hoof aka freax (http://www.freax.eu.org)
irc: irc.openprojects.net mailto:freax @ linux.be