Re: kernel version ...

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 08:12:26PM +0100, Philippe Mathieu wrote:
> To the developers of balsa.
> Which distribution do you use when testing the program? Debian, RedHat,
> ...? Which kernel version?
> I am sure an answer to these questions would be of interest. Thanks!

my main platforms are rh6 and rh7. i also do debian, but less.
some people on the list use slackware (sick) and no-distro linux, they
usually turn up the weird bugs :)

i mix 2.2 and 2.4, but the testing ground for weird stuff is 2.2.
(ie, if a weird bug turns up and noone can reproduce it on 2.2 i'll just
sing a praise to 2.2 and ignore it :) - balsa isn't very prone to triping
kernel crap though so it doesn't happen very often :))
2.4 produces some neat gremlins, particularly when you do linus vm or
reiserfs :)

(This is a shareware sig. If you wish to receive the FULL COMERCIAL EDITION
please send me lots of money)