balsa-1.2.2.tar.gz

Hello all,
   have tried to install the new tarball without success.
It's the first time that I have a real problem which I
can't find out.
Since a long time I'am using always the tar of libesmtp,
pspell and balsa
and the last balsa-1.2.1 works fine with libesmtp-0.8.6.
My system is a redhat 7.0 with latest updates.
After fixing the problem for the docbooks (install of
several packages)
  the compilation runs without any probem but after start
of  balsa I get the message
"balsa: error while loading shared libraries: unexpected
reloc type 0x1f"
So I have tried the balsa-1.2.2-src.rpm with rebuild and
nodeps because
I don't want to change so much, it works. But I have no dea
why or what to check.
I'am asking only for the probably reason going from tar's
to rpm's.

Regards
Achim