Update: Bcc experience

I thought that I should update the balsa-list on my findings and
hypothesis
regarding my Bcc problems.

To recap, the problem I was having was that the "to:" recipient was
able to see the email addresses of people who I'd also "bbc:'ed". In
that regard, Bcc: was acting more like Cc:.

>From what I can tell, my SMTP server (a Netscape Messaging Server
version 4.15pl6) isn't recognizing something about the way that balsa
includes the Bcc header. Therefore, it includes the BCC: header to
everyone that recieves the message.

Brian Stafford, author of libESMTP provided me with a patch that
forces Balsa to make 2 seperate SMTP connections when sending an email
that contains a BCC header. First, to the normal recipients (excluding
the BCC header), then a second time to ONLY the BCC recipients
(including the BCC header).

His patch is working perfectly so far, and I'm a "happy camper". If
you're interested in the patch, it's available here:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/balsa-list/2001-May/msg00184.html

Thanks to all who replied, and especially the developers who
created/maintain Balsa and it's peripheral applications.

--
Eric Dexter