Re: Wrap and quote, or quote and wrap?

> One minor annoyance with Balsa and other MUAs is when quoted text is
> wrapped and one or two words are displayed as unquoted, as in:
> > One minor annoyance with Balsa and other MUAs is
> > when quoted text is wrapped and one or two words
> are
> > displayed as unquoted, as in:
> A reasonable fix, which doesn't seem to break anything else (including
> active URLs) is to decide on the level of quoting for original message
> lines, and apply the appropriate style to wrapped lines.  A patch for
> src/balsa-message.c (against 1.1.5) is attached.

This is what happened to this message.  It's a great patch, and something
I've had in my mind to work on for a while.  I still think it can be
improved upon though.  Where you used to end up with unquoted single words
on lines they're now quoted, which is definitely a step in the right
direction.

What annoys me is the fact that you ever end up with single words on lines
at all.  Don't get me wrong - I understand why it happens, but I think
there's a possibility it can be improved upon.  I'm just not sure how.
Using your example above...

Old behaviour:
> One minor annoyance with Balsa and other MUAs is
> when quoted text is wrapped and one or two words
are
> displayed as unquoted, as in:

Behaviour with patch:
> One minor annoyance with Balsa and other MUAs is
> when quoted text is wrapped and one or two words
> are
> displayed as unquoted, as in:

Ideal behaviour:
> One minor annoyance with Balsa and other MUAs is
> when quoted text is wrapped and one or two words
> are displayed as unquoted, as in:

This may prove too tricky, and leave pedants like me to manually edit any
reply that does it, but if anyone has any suggestions on how it could be
done then please speak now!

--

Daniel Foster - daniel@34SP.com