Re: BCC not working?

On 2001.05.17 02:41 Pawel Salek wrote:

> On 2001-05-16 23:31 Eric Dexter wrote:
> > I just recently noticed that BCC doesn't seem to be copying "blindly".
> > The To: recipient can see who the message was BCC'ed to.
>
> Works for me (tested with balsa-1.1.4; my outbox is ordinary mbox
> mailbox). Do you have some special format for outbox?

Hmm...no I don't, just standard MBOX. I guess I should have explained my configuration more...

I'm using Balsa 1.1.4, using an IMAP inbox which lives on a Netscape Messaging Server (also the SMTP server). Can you explain what handles Bcc? Is it the client? Or the server? I assume that the client simply creates a seperate message when sending to the Bcc recipient.

Here's the header forwarded to me from the To: reciepient:

>  Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 08:28:33 -0500
>  From: "Eric Dexter" <edexter@wichitaeagle.com>
>  To: bhardin@wichitaeagle.com
>  BCC: tcox@wichitaeagle.com
>  Subject: Test

You see that BCC is in his headers (One thing of note, in Balsa, BCC seems to be generated as ALL CAPS, where most other clients I've seen use "Bcc". I suppose this would only matter if it were the mail SERVER that handled the propogation of BCC messages. Perhaps it's not recognizing the field?

--
Eric Dexter
The Wichita Eagle