Re: UI issues

On 2001.05.02 18:34:06 +0100 Lynn Kerby wrote:

> I have noticed that when typing an address in the compose window that
> the text jumps back and forth in the textbox on nearly every character
> typed.  Does anyone else see this?

yeah .. i can also crash it from time to time :\ there are some reports
on bugzilla about this. it should behave if you disable 'expand while
you type' :)

> And finally, how can I select or override the mime-type of an attachment?

iirc it's a gnome-mime problem.

> For example, I wanted to attach the patch as balsa-message-scroll.pf but
> when I did that it got marked as application/octet-stream instead of
> text/plain.  Renaming the file to something ending in '.txt' did change
> the mime-type to text/plain.  Effective but not very flexible.

if i'm right someone should fix gnome-mime ;) maybe tell how to look at
magic numbers.

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds