Compose window sizing

I have just upgraded from balsa 1.0.0 to 1.1.2 via RPM.
With the new version, I am havinga  problem with the sizing of the compose
window.
It always appears the full width of my screen, and with about 13 lines
worth of text widget.
I can't make it smaller; it seems to be reporting to the window manager a
geometry of 0x0.
My normal WM is sawfish, but I've tried switching to Enlightenment and it
does the same thing:
when I grab one of the resizing handles, it claims it's already 0x0 and
will let me increase the size,
but not decrease it.  Anyone have any idea what's causing this?

I'm running RH 6.2, kernel 2.2.18, Helix Gnome 1.2.

-- Stewart