Re: balsa crashing

On 2001.03.20 19:54:38 +0100 Jules Bean wrote:
> > > Balsa cannot open you "Inbox" mailbox
> > > Could not load basic mailboxes
> > > invalid cast from null ptr to gtkwindow
> > > file gnome-dialog.c line 384 (gnome_dialog_set_parent: assertion `parent
> > > != null failed
> > > etc...
> >
> > jesus this is old....
> >
> > read the README...
> >
> > login as root
> >
> > cd /var/spool
> > chmod 1777 mail
>
> This is very bad advice.
>
> Don't do it unless you are confident you understand your mail systems
> and the implications of it.
>
> On many systems, the correct permissions for mail /var/spool/mail are
> rwxrwsr-t.  Giving world write access to /var/spool/mail is a
> potential security hole.

theres no need to explain this to me. its written in balsa README
and the flock or vflock stuff inside needs that. if you do also

cd /var/spool/mail
chmod 700 *

then theres no securityrisk at all. and who wants to bomb your
email account ? never seen and serious people use firewall so who
cares.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de