Looking for Tips on using procmail with Balsa

Being subscribed to the usual (large) number of mailing lists typical in
the *nix community, I desire very much to segregate my incoming mail into
various mail boxes.  Balsa has a feature in the mail server settings that
provides for the use of procmail.  However, I haven't succeed in getting
this to work without:  a) losing the ability to (easily) read Mutt, Pine,
Outlook/Outlook Express, and Netscape messages; and b) losing binary
attachments.

Any "magic bullets" or tips out there for a working procmail setup with
Balsa?  I can get things into separate mail boxes easily enough--but a) and
b) bite me big time.

jmc