Re: POP3 critical problem

hi, i've looked sometime ago at balsa sources because i
got the same error as Ali...

i found out that libmutt only stores the UID of the last message
it has retrieved, while other muas store all the UIDs...
when you get new mail libmutt compares the UID it has previously
stored with the ones found on the mail server and if one of
them is equal to the "local" one it gets only newer messages.
Otherwise if it doesn't find any occurance of the local UID
it gets all the mails on the server...
At least I think balsa works this way...

so, if for some reason (i.e. timeouts) libmutt isn't able
to store the last message UID, the next time you try to
get new mails, libmutt gets all the messages on the server...

Other programs, such as fetchmail, store all the UIDs for the messages
they get, and then they compare each message before downloading,
and they get only the messages that weren't already downloaded...
I think balsa should work like fetchmail...

Excuse my poor english...

Cheers,

  Riccardo.