Re: new user setup questions

On Sat, Jun 16, 2001 at 02:36:10PM -0600, Paul Bary wrote:
> I am a new gnome and Balsa user and I am attempting to use the Balsa
> version
> shipping with RH 7.1. A couple of questions/problems have come up right
> off
> the bat....
>
> 1. When setting up Balsa using the wizards that come at first
> startup...the
> setup wizard points to the /var/spool/mail/username for the inbox
> directory
> put cannot create the neccesary file. I presume this is a permissions
> issue
> and have changed this to /home/username/mail/inbox. This allows setup to

correct. this is true for RH and some others. the create users scripts
don't make the user mailbox and the directory permissions don't allow
the user to make it himself.
i just added a message about that to the current cvs

> complete and the program accessing mail from a remote pop server seems
> work BUT....
>
> 2. When I attempt to delete a message, I get an unable to access message
>
> body error message (but the message does in fact delete). I suspect
> these issues
> are related and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction
> get this thing configured properly...

could you please detail the balsa version you're using ?
i recall some bugs related to that in past versions but it seems weird
anyway

[no .sig -
Aiiee... killing interrupt handler!
   ]