Mime Bug ?

I've found what I think may be a bug in Balsa v1.1.5.    For reference, I've
been using the RedHat RPM version, and before installing the new version, I
always copy the older version to /usr/bin/balsa-old.

With the same Mime settings in Gnome and in /etc/mime.types, using Balsa v1.1.5
when I send a PDF file, it gets set as "x-unknown/(null)".  Using Balsa v1.1.4
sending a PDF file, it's correctly set as "application/pdf".

I used strings on both versions of Balsa and then used diff to find any
differences, and this is the only Mime difference that really caught my
attention:

635a629
> gnome_mime_type_or_default
639d632