Re: libESMTP 0.8

On 2001-06-14 14:27 Brian Stafford wrote:
> To date libESMTP is entirely a one man project and all my free
> time is consumed by it, much to my wife's chagrin.  Although I've
> had many problem reports from a number of sources, I get no assistance
> with coding or pre-release testing.  As a result there are bound to
> be omissions and oversights, some of which will inconvenience
> somebody.

I have just asked a question out of curiosity, I hope I did it politely.
I apologise I haven't followed the discussions, I have been very busy
recently. I am also a human, I make mistakes (guys, I am glad you have
not seen errata to my PhD thesis, you would loose faith in me :-); I
thought I have checked it carefully enough and people still found some
misspellings) and I understand you very well. And I know people who
share your wife's opinion about spouses :-).

> [...]
> Frankly, snide comments and torrents of abuse such as those seen
> on the list this morning do nothing to encourage me to improve the
> Balsa interface.  There are enough other developers using libESMTP
> who have been constructive in their comments, so I know the project
> is worthwhile to continue.  However, I do not feel very motivated
> to solve the outstanding problems with Balsa right now.  If someone
> else wishes to take on that mantle, I will offer them whatever
> guidance
> I can.  Otherwise, I will do what I can as time and motivation permit.
> It would be disappointing if Balsa stopped using libESMTP but if I
> am to be abused with tirades of profanity for my efforts, I have no
> intention of making Balsa a high priority in future.  I will

You do not have to worry about it. libesmtp is here to stay, at least as
long as I am in charge of balsa :-).

/Pawel