Re: characters ISO8859-1 (West European - pt)

On 2001.06.04 16:19:31 +0200 Cristina Nunes wrote:
> I've encontered something I can't seem to find any cause for it. When I
> read a message, if any character has an accent (like á or é, ect ect) the
> rest of the line isn't showned.

yeah i know why..
its not the problem of balsa, its the
problem of your LANG variable in your
environment.. please do this..

exit X-Window and enter this in bash

;------------
export LANG=de_DE
startx
;------------

de_DE in this case is for me german you must
figure out your own language yourself.
usually found in

/usr/share/locale
or
/usr/lib/locale

try

export LANG=pt_PT

if this works in any case then you can write this
in your /etc/profile so it does occour whenever you
start new.. its sometimes really helpfull reading the
provided manual for the programs you use. you will
figure out that this problem also happen with all
other programs, like 'xterm, gnome-terminal, xchat'

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de