Re: Interface suggestion...

I really like the idea. As it is today, messages with multiple parts
show in the bottom pane, which is not always visible, depending on the
size of the text in the message.

Also it could be a good idea to reduce the number of clicks needed to
open/view/edit an attachment. Right now you have to click the
attachment icon and them select what you want to do (save, view,
edit). This could be replaced by a single icon. Clicking on it will
open the corresponding application to deal with it (anyone sees a
difference between open/view/edit?). Right clicking on it would allow
you to have see more options (save, open, edit, view, and perhaps an
'open with ...' that would prompt you for a command)

This is similar to the way that Eudora manages attachments, showing an
inline icon at the bottom of messages. (didn't you mention that Balsa
has a "finished GUI similar to that of Eudora ..."?)

I will have to apologize for not being able to help you with the
coding. I am completely C impaired right now.

Fernan

On 2001.07.31 02:58 John Anderson wrote:
> Hey there, I have been brainstorming ideas on new interface
> mechanisms for
> Balsa, and I think that I've come up with a new message display
> system,
> that will allow for much more information to be conveyed to the user
> about
> each message...
>
> I've taken a few images of what I think the message interface could
> look
> like, I'd appreciate all of your feedback!  (These images are shots
> of a
> little mock-up I did in Glade just for illustration)...
>
> http://qth.yi.org/~cobalt/yew.jpg

[rest of message snipped]